Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Saying Our Good-Byes…

Saying Our Good-Byes…


They began several weeks prior to our departure, one after another, anticipated but still very difficult. My grief was palpable, obvious and deeper than I was prepared to manage. My prayer request has been over and over: transition, acclimation, and the lifting of the overwhelming sense of dread. My worried state of mind concerned my husband, family and friends.  But, I am happy to report my spirit is renewed and though I still would prefer “to know” a bit more, I am not currently in tears or refusing to board the aircraft ;)
We begin this journey in deep gratitude, as it has been easy to count our blessings, which have most abundantly come in the form of generous friends. We have been amazed and awed by the immense number of prayers, inspiring words and well wishes (personally, Facebook and email) from too many to name. We covet your prayers more than we can say.  These have strengthened our spirits and provided much encouragement. A special thanks to a few families for without their support, this journey would not be possible.  The Hilliard family for providing a storage space, the Stewart family for caring for our van, the Reyher family for graciously opening their home to us, the Byrd family who rescued us during our move, the Klein family for helping with the dirty work, the Johnson family who have been both inspiring and encouraging and to all of our prayer warriors: my family, our church family, my homeschool family, friends and co-workers, we are only able to step forward in faith because you are shielding us by covering us in prayer.  Lastly, a nod to the ground crew in Bere who have graciously and patiently answered every query we sent and provided encouragement as well.
We will board the plane smelling of French bath salts courtesy of the complimentary upgraded VIP suite we received our last night in Paris (see photo on Mason’s FB page). We hope we will be able to greet you with the scent still lingering!
Looking forward to being “in the know.”


Thank you for your prayers - Kim and family


So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10


No comments:

Post a Comment