Sunday, July 20, 2014

Thankful 7/20/2014


Sometimes we complain about things we don't have or "miss having." Honestly, we do without a lot of things now. But today,  we had another very humbling reality check & reminder of how much we do have. 
I used my phone to take this photo from our front porch when I noticed village kids reaching through the fence. They had extended a long stick into the compost pile for the compound and were trying to drag out decaying food scraps to eat. It felt like someone punched me in the gut. My trash is someone's treasure.  I pray that I will be a better neighbor to those more in need than I can even imagine. 






1 comment:

  1. Prayers are for you every day, all four of you. Physical safety, spiritual safety, emotional safety, social safety.

    ReplyDelete