Wednesday, April 1, 2015

21 Feb 2015 tay-Rez

21 Feb 2015 tay-Rez
I've become good friends with one of the local nurses in Pediatrics, Jonathan. Jonathan just had a baby girl born and he asked me to name her. What a humbling honor.
I'm choosing the name Thérèse (pronounced very Frenchy: put on a beret and twist your mustache while saying it: tay-REZ). It's the French version of Theresa. I was trying to think of a French name with symbolic meaning of someone who represents hope and love and giving.
Mother Teresa seems to be a fitting namesake.
Enjoy a few of her quotes:
"Make us worthy, Lord, to serve those people throughout the world who live and die in poverty and hunger. Give them through our hands, this day, their daily bread, and by our understanding love, give them peace and joy."
"You and I, we are the Church, no? We have to share with our people. Suffering today is because people are hoarding, not giving, not sharing.
Jesus made it very clear. Whatever you do to the least of my brethren, you do it to me.
Give a glass of water, you give it to me. Receive a little
child, you receive me."

No comments:

Post a Comment